Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snowmachining in Alaska

Man I had the time if my life today as I went Snowmachining in the wide open country of Alaska. Unfortunately, I only had my cell phone with me as I needed to have a good camera to take the breathtaking shots. But my camera would have to suffice. Enjoy the views of the wide open.


Image015.jpg


This was the most beautiful view I have ever seen. We were a good ways up with valley below and mountains behind.


Image011.jpg


It was fun going wide open up this hill. All of the clear area is where the pipe line runs. It is all underneath in this region which makes good trails for snow machines to go on.


Image009.jpg


The area below is a river area that we were having to find a good way across without busting through the river ice. You learn to pucker every where you can hoping that you do not hit a thin area.


Image018.jpg


That was some of the best fun I have had in a long time. Ministry was designed to be a time to spend time with people and ministering to their needs. I can do ministry like this all the time.


Jesus spend his time with people and occasionally withdrew himself to be alone. We have ministry today backwards. Modern day ministry is done in the 4 walls of the church. We spend more time in meetings and planning sessions than doing real ministry. We talk more about what we are going to do rather than doing it. What Jesus say if he were here on earth today about the modern day minister and how he tends to his flock? It is a good question to ask and do some serious reflection on.

No comments: