Saturday, November 1, 2008

Almost There

These last couple of weeks have been exciting and difficult at the same time. It is never fun to tell friends goodbye and see family for the last time in a long time. Just yesterday, I turned in my keys, my visa, and my petty cash, took my little bag of leftover things out of my desk and walked out of the building for the last time as an employee of Celebration with an office. I could not believe that I was actually having a hard time with it, although I spent way more hour than I needed to in that office and so therefore it become my home away from home.
Last night, we had our annual Fall Family Festival and man I have never seen so many people in my life. It gave me an opportunity to serve with the Westbank people one last time before my departure. I believe we made a great showing as we parked cars in places that they have never been parked before where no one would get stuck or blocked in as has been the case for the last few years. Then came the daunting task of cleaning up, which was our assignment as the Westbank as well. We got done and it looked great. As one company around here says, "Our job stinks but it is picking up."
Today, we are going to see more family and celebrate two birthdays. One for my nephew and one for my baby Brittany. Again, I know that it is going to be another tough day to say goodbye for a while from people we love. But then I am looking forward to celebrating the birthdays and eating a little cake. I also get to lead the Lord's Supper for this weekends three services. It will good to be in my normal place as I lead a service and it will get me back into practice again as I will be taking my place soon at First Baptist Church of Valdez.

No comments: